Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Ottawa Tour

I finally got a chance to check out Ottawa today with some of my classmates from LCB.  Since I got up late, I had to meet Cindy, Tanvi and Jason in Chinatown.  I didn't know where to catch the #2 bus, but got on the #12 bus on rue Rideau and asked the driver.  He dropped me off at Rideau Centre and waited for #2 bus.  I saw it coming and stopped behind two articulated buses, so I waited for it to pull up.  Guess what happened? It took off! I thought TTC (Toronto Transit Commission) was bad!! And I didn't want to wait for 30 mins for another one, it was cold.  So I hopped on a taxi to get to Chinatown.


After dim sum, we walked away Chinatown.  We found that there were more phở (Vietnamese noodle soup) restaurants than Chinese restaurants!  Then we walked down to Little Italy, yes, it's "little!"

There was not much to see in Little Italy, then we decided to go to ByWard Market.  I loved the market, you could find cheese, fish, pastry, fruit and vegetable.  I bought some white beans.

We saw that BeaverTails shop in the market, and apparently it's quite famous in Ottawa, so we got a half chocolate and half pumpkin BeaverTails to try, it was so so.

We also walked around to see what's nearby.  We checked out a bakery called Le Boulanger Français http://frenchbaker.ca/bakery/ and I bought an almond croissant.  And also checked out a very nice cookware shop called Ma Cuisine.

Then we went to Rideau Centre for a bit.  Finally decided to have dinner in Dunn's Famous http://dunnsfamous.com Poor Tanvi ordered a coffee, and half way finishing her glass and found two bugs inside.  But overall, it was a happy day for all of us.

No comments: