Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Weekend

March 2, 2013 Saturday
Fulton's Pancake House & Sugar Bush: We gathered in school around 8:30am for the trip to Fulton's Pancake House & Sugar Bush in Pakenham.  I remember I went to a maple syrup tour in Quebec when I was in high school, and had free taffy.  But this time we had to pay $2 for it.  But this time, we had a free pancake meal, and horse drawn sleigh ride.  I had a great time with my classmates!


































March 3, 2013 Sunday
Parisian Macarons Class @ Bonnie Gordon College of Confectionary Arts: I took a 1am Greyhound bus to Toronto, arrived at 6:30am.  Mandy picked me up and we went back to her place, so that I could take a nap before the macaroons class at 10am.  It was like the old time in George Brown College, having baking class with Lynda and Mandy.  We had instructor Charmaine Baan today.  We made Almond macaron with Swiss meringue and French meringue, Hazelnut macaron with Italian meringue. She also demonstrated how to make Milk chocolate hazelnut ganache, Dark chocolate espresso ganache, Sea salted caramel ganache, also Swiss meringue buttercream.  Then, she showed us how to assemble them and painted colour on the macaron shell.  After the class, I had the 6:30pm Greyhound bus to catch, back to Ottawa around 11pm.  Boy, was I tired!





No comments: