Saturday, September 17, 2022

A New Adventure! France, Here I Come!

April 20, 2014 Sunday
le 20 avril 2014, dimanche

Joyeuses Pâques! Happy Easter!

I should feel excited today, but it hasn't hit me yet.  Today is a special day, yes, it is Easter, but for me (and Cindy), it's our departure day for our 3-month adventure in France! We are grateful that Chef Christophe is willing to bring us along with the 20 something George Brown Chef School pastry (and cuisine) students to the 2-week pastry program in Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Pâtisserie (ENSP) in Yssingeaux, France.  After that, we might have the opportunity to 'stage' for 2 months at a restaurant called La Cuisine d'Antoine in Millery, Lyon.  Then, we are planning to travel France for 2 weeks before heading back to Toronto.

If you are up for a ride, please join my journey by visiting this blog!

Before it begins, I want to show my gratitude to those who prepared me for this journey!
Thanks to: My family, Muriel, Chef Christophe, Chef Jocelyn, Chef Hervé, Mandy, James, Lynda, Jenn, and Alex (Cuvelier).

Oh, I don't know how the internet service situation is gonna be like in France for me.  I will do my best to update this blog and post pictures.  It could be a weekly thing instead of daily.

For those who pray, please pray for my safety, health, and my FRENCH, thanks! :-)

Thanks Mandy driving us to the airport.  This trip, we have Chef Christophe Measson, Chef Amede Lamarche, Chef Jennifer Lakan-D'Souza, and Chef Joanne Yolles, and 20 plus students.  I don't really know anybody, just hope that it will be a pleasant trip.

Thank God that I already did online check-in at home 24 hours before the departure time.




We arrive at London Heathrow Airport for transfer, but there are few hours to spend before the flight to Lyon, so we eat...












No comments: