Friday, November 16, 2012

Week 6 of BP

November 14, 2012 Wednesday
Demo Class#11: Chef Jocelyn Bouzenard showed us how to make Succès, Progrès, and Gâteau russe aux noix.  I liked both Succès and Gâteau russe aux noix, tasted really good.






After the demo class, Tanvi made me, Cindy and Cynthia pasta!!

Then we went to Second Cup to study......... yep, "tried" to study....

November 15, 2012 Thursday

It's exactly one year since my mom passed away.  I don't really feel that we're apart, probably because I've been away from my family in Hong Kong for so many years, and also because I believe that she is watching over us.

Practical Class#11: We haven't had a noon class for a long time.  We usually have 8:15am classes.  The good thing is that I could sleep in.  We did Succès today, mine turned out great.  Chef Jocelyn liked it, he said the taste and texture were exactly what Succès should be.  But I should never put the decoration in the centre, hmm... who would have known? I asked him how long it would last in the fridge 'cos my friends would be visiting me this weekend.  He said it would be, but I should leave the decoration (marzipan) out, and just put the cake in the fridge.


Demo Class#12: Right after the practical class, we had the demo class, no time to eat.... Chef Jocelyn seemed very excited to show us how to do Bûche de Noël (Christmas Log) and he took very long time to finish all the decorations for the logs.....




November 16, 2012 Friday
Before going to school today, I had a chance to chat with Muriel on Skype.  It was a nice chat, I'm so happy for her working and living in Paris.  All the best to M U R I E L!!! :-)

Practical Class#12: Today's class was at 3:30pm, but I was a sous chef today, so I needed to be there 15 mins earlier.  We were doing Bûche de Noël for practical.  We were rushing to finish the log in 2 and half hours! I know I could do more decorations if I had more time.  Chef Jocelyn said I could have done more chocolate decorations.  True! I totally forgot to, even though I had it on my notes.  And the green veins could be thinner, but that was the smallest round tip that I used! I just wanted to finish the whole thing! My responsibility of being a sous chef was to make sure everything was clean before we left the room.  So the earlier I finished my work and graded, the more time I had to clean.  Here's my ugly work:
P.s. the meringue mushrooms were made ahead by Chef and ready for us to use.  It took him 3 hours to finish all the mushrooms for classes.

No comments: