Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Nice Visit from Friends

November 17, 2012 Saturday
Day One
Mandy, James and Ann were nice enough to make a trip here from Toronto.  They arrived around 12:30am, and I was surprised to see how much stuff they brought with them considering they only stayed for 2 days.
We slept until 10am.  It took us awhile to get ready.  We walked around ByWard Market, tried to to find a place for brunch.  We ended up going to an Italian restaurant called Mangia http://www.cafemangia.ca/en.html I ordered Atlantic Benedict, and shared Fried Mozzerella.  The food was fine, but this place is pricy!





After the meal, we went to La Bottega Nicastro Fine Food Shop http://www.labottega.ca , and bought some chestnut outside.



And we went to Ma Cuisine because I wanted to get the butter containers.  When I paid at the cashier with my student card, the cashier told me that I couldn't get the 10% discount because it wasn't for school use! Pissed off! I don't think I will shop there again.  Their lost.  Then we walked to Parliament Hill http://www.parliamenthill.gc.ca/index-eng.html and took some pictures.






It was quite cold, so we went back to my place.  Before dinner, Mandy and I tried to make the doughs of Madeleine and Palets de dame, and let them rest in the fridge.  For dinner, we went to Haveli http://www.haveli.com for the amazing Indian food.  Since we didn't what to order, we just let the waitress recommend us something.  And it turned out great! We had a great meal for sure.

Then we came back to bake the Madeleines and Palets de dames.



November 18, 2012 Sunday
Day Two
We slept in a bit, then we went to have brunch in Art Is In Boulangerie http://www.artisinbakery.com  They had amazing brioche sandwiches with bacon and egg; eggs Benedict; stews...etc Great food and place.  The chef owner once again, came to my table and greeted us.




After that, we went to Canadian Tire to get iron and iron board for my uniforms.  Then before they headed back to Toronto, we went to Le Cordon Bleu to see how small the building was.  We walked around the park across called Parc Strathcona.  Mandy happened to have some breads in her car.  So we initially wanted to feed the squirrels, but then all these crazy birds flying around us.  In the end, Mandy just dumped the breads on the grass, but instead, she dropped the whole bag.  She tried to pick it up and emptied it.  Then all these birds were trying to get the breads, it was so funny to watch! Don't know they will visit me again, but these two days were fun.






No comments: